Book John For Your Keynote or Other Event
John S. LaRosa, BS, MBA
Profile - Marketdata President & Research Director
Mr. LaRosa is the President of Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., a 39-year old privately owned independent market research publishing/consulting firm. During his career, Mr. LaRosa has personally authored more than 100 major industry/market studies, primarily in the service and healthcare sectors. In addition to publishing such studies, Marketdata has extensive experience creating and building “authority websites”.
Mr. LaRosa has been an analyst of the U.S. weight loss market since 1989, researching and writing 13 editions of an in-depth market study entitled: The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market, the Diet Food Home Delivery Market, Weight Loss Websites, Worksite Weight Loss Programs, The Medical Weight Loss Programs Market, The Market for MLM Weight Loss Products—50+ in-depth weight loss reports, as well as quarterly Online Dieter Research Reports since Q1 2005-2012.
He has been directly involved in the creation of dozens of service sectors and healthcare reports, listed on the home page of this website. He is also a national expert for the self-improvement/personal development market.
Mr. LaRosa has performed numerous custom research and consulting assignments for weight loss companies, physicians, investors, entrepreneurs, and start-ups of all sizes. In summary, Mr. LaRosa is the leading American business consultant covering the entire weight loss market and its ten sub-segments, since 1989.
Marketdata’s research is also available via several electronic databases, internationally. Mr. LaRosa performs frequent custom studies and consulting assignments for Fortune 500 corporations, and writes articles for a variety of trade associations, newsletters, magazines and journals. He also hosts various trade conferences periodically, and hosts teleseminars and webinars. He is also a professional speaker.
Mr. LaRosa has worked as a consultant and advisor to several industry trade groups, including the American Medical Spa Association, Equipment Leasing Association, and National Parking Association. He has been a contributing writer to trade journals such as The Bariatrician and WLS Lifestyles. Mr. LaRosa holds numerous conference calls with Wall Street and stock analysts, primarily covering the weight loss market. He also critiques and advises start-up companies with new product launches, business plans and marketing plans.
Mr. LaRosa graduated from the State University of New York with a B.S. in Education in 1976, and earned his M.B.A. in Marketing from Hofstra University in New York in 1979. He has worked for 30 years in the fields of: Marketing Management and Marketing Research, and now lives in Tampa, Florida.
Marketdata’s market research has been quoted by the… Wall Street Journal, N.Y. Times, Newsweek, USA Today, Forbes, Fortune, Business Week, Entrepreneur, Research Alert, Bariatrician, Nutrition Business Journal, LA Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Sun Times, dozens of national trade groups, and hundreds of local newspapers nationwide. Mr. LaRosa has appeared on CNN, Nightline, ABC, FOX-TV, and other stations and is frequently interviewed by the media.
(Call for rates: 30, 45, 60, 90 min. speeches, 1/2-day workshops, etc.)
Mr. LaRosa has experience in a wide range of industries. His no-nonsense, common sense, get down to business approach is refreshing, and his insights are invaluable. If you want your company to gain new insights, uncover untapped markets, or just think outside the box, then Mr. LaRosa can help.
Mr. LaRosa holds numerous conference calls with Wall Street and stock analysts, he critiques and advises start-up companies with new product launches, business plans and marketing plans.
His specialties include the weight loss and self-improvement markets, but he can cover the following topics:
Speaking Topics (partial list)
- The Weight Loss Market -- case studies of what has worked/not worked for companies, the 4 weight loss business models, why MDs and Nurses should add a medical weight loss program to their practice, dieter demographics/preferences, market trends, the meal replacements market, weight loss center franchising, the effect of and opportunities presented by Obamacare, weight loss entrepreneurs
- Why Market Research is Important -- for start-ups and entrepreneurs, for business plans, due diligence, corroborating or knocking down wild guesses about market potential
- The Self-improvement Market -- size, sub-markets, status report of personal coaching, seminars, online courses, books, training, holistic institutes, scams and frauds in the self-improvement market - what consumers should be aware of, the making of a self-improvement guru
- Small business Success Hacks -- guerrilla marketing, bootstrapping, the use of free and low-cost government and trade association data, college interns, barter advertising, diversification of products, cultivating the media, press releases, affordable legal help and merchant credit card accts., more.
- Monetizing a websites' traffic -- via ad networks, affiliate programs, opt-in mail list rentals, subscriptions and product sales
- Why Stock Analyst Equity Research Reports Are Faulty --they miss 50% of the real story
- The Scam Economy -- how the current economy is flooded with Ponzi schemes, poor franchises, identity theft, payday loans, multi-level marketers, email and charity scams, fraudulent tax return filing, rent-to-own stores, car title loans, for-profit online universities, online "master" courses, and more - why it's happening: the vacuum of too few "honest" jobs and preying on the elderly.